We go to so much trouble to decorate for the holidays, it seems such a shame to just put it all away on December 26! The same color scheme you used for your Christmas décor and table setting can be stretched into hosting a New Year’s Eve party. And why not get together with family and friends one more time to ring in the New Year?
Here are some tips for transitioning from Christmas to New Year’s Eve celebrations:
1. Mixed metallic is very popular this year and create a beautiful backdrop for a New Year’s Eve party! Silvers, golds, rose golds and mix in a bit of black and white. Stunning colors together and create a beautiful backdrop for your event.
2. Don’t forget the balloons! While upcycling Christmas décor is a great start, make sure to create a party atmosphere by adding some balloons. (Party hats and noise makers are strictly up to you!)
3. Instead of a tablecloth, why not use leftover wrapping paper? That glittery gold wrapping paper will create a beautiful table covering and protect your table.
4. If you’re hosting a sit-down dinner for New Year’s Eve, left over gift tags make easy place cards for place settings. Tie the card with ribbon and write each guest’s name for a great alternative to traditional place cards.
5. Create a dazzling bar area. Using sparkly gift boxes and colorful ornaments, gives the bar area a nice look.
6. Create a selfie area / photo backdrop. Create the area by using sheets of Christmas wrapping paper and attach to the wall with 3M command strips. Use a paper punch to add holes to the top corners of the wrapping paper and place ribbon through the holes to tie onto the command strips. Voila! Instant photo area for all those groups shots and selfies. Add some fun props and everyone has a new profile pic for their socials!
7. Create a centerpiece using gift bows from Christmas wrapping. The bigger the better in this case!
Use these tips to throw a simple, elegant and most of all-a FUN evening ringing in the new year!
Helping you create a beautiful home is what @Home with Sunflower Designs is all about. Each week we offer suggestions on ways to add beauty and simplicity to your surroundings, so that you and your family can enjoy your home. Until next time… #livecreatively!